Tuesday 21 February 2012

A Devilish little cake

Phew, what a busy cake making week I have had!  Three cakes in one week might be some sort of new record for me.  

Here is the Devil cake which I made for a friend, for the opening night of our local community theatre's production of  The Devil is an Ass, which he was directing.


The inside of the cake was made from red velvet cake, with a little extra cocoa, which was lovely and moist and kept well.  I iced the various layers first with a nice bright pinky red coloured buttercream, and then convered with red fondant for the main section of the devil's face.  The various details were then added in extra black and white fondant.

I did struggle a little, getting the fondant to the right consistency this time around, it seemed very wet and sticky, and didnt roll very easily.  A challenge to overcome with practice I think! 

Until next time, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment